Some of the essays provided on this page are written by students and graded by an IELTS trainer. All band score predictions are approximate. Essays written by our students are not edited by our teachers and may contain spelling or grammar mistakes. We merely provide them as writing samples so that you will get a general idea about the kind of essays you will need to write to obtain a certain band score.
Essays written by students
Band 5 essays: People are getting fat. What are the causes of this
Band 6 essay sample: What are the causes of having children later in life?
Band 8 essay samples: Should noisy and disobedient students be taught separately
It is better to study abroad. Do you agree or disagree?
Band 8 and Band 9 essays
These essays are written by our team of qualified IELTS instructors.
- Employers should give more importance to academic qualifications. Do you agree or disagree?
- Can organizations increase productivity by increasing working hours?
- Our grandparents think that their lives were simpler and better than ours. Do you agree or disagree?
- Cooking food at home is a waste of time. Do you agree or disagree?
- The quality of life in cities is worsening
- The usage of private cars is increasing. What are the problems associated with this?
- Some jobs are more suitable for men than women. Do you agree or disagree?
- IELTS essay: The clothing and fashion industry have a big influence on people. Is this a good or bad thing
- More people are traveling than ever before. Why is this?
- Should people plan for their retirement?
- Has technology made us more efficient?
- Sport is becoming a business. Is this a positive development?
- IELTS essay: Is change a good thing?
- People should choose a job they love. Do you agree?
- Celebrities earn more money than other professionals. Is this justified?
- Should disobedient students be taught separately?
- Why do couples delay parenthood?
- Rise in crime-rate among children
- Should governments support professional sporting events?
- Should governments provide financial assistance to writers?
- Is work-life balance necessary?
- Can obesity be tackled by increasing the price of junk foods?
- Are public celebrations a waste of money?
- Should governments provide free internet to everyone?
- Is it a good idea for single adults to study and live outside their parents’ home?
- Some people believe that giving a weekly allowance will help children to develop good spending habits
- IELTS sample essay: People now spend a lot of money on their wedding
- IELTS sample essay: A lot of older people suffer from loneliness these days
- IELTS sample essay: what effects do traveling parents have on their children?
- Some cultures values old age, while others value young age
- IELTS model essay: do you think that moving abroad for better jobs is good?
- IELTS essay: Some people like to watch a live sporting event while others prefer to watch it on TV
- IELTS sample essay: Has modern technology made our lives more complicated?
- IELTS sample essay: should children be allowed to follow their instincts?
- IELTS model essay: Do you think that factories and tour operators should be asked to bear the cost of cleaning up pollution?
- IELTS sample essay: are artists more popular than scientists?
- IELTS essay: Are artists valuable to society?
- IELTS model essay: Do you think that admiring film and sports personalities is a good idea?
- IELTS Model Essay 1
- IELTS model essay: Are social skills more important than academic skills?
- IELTS Sample essay: Do you think that training is necessary to be a good teacher?
- IELTS Model Essay Some people believe that students who fear their teachers excel academically
- IELTS Writing Model Essay: Are schools merely turning children into good workers?
- IELTS essay with answer: Is it good for children to be brought up by their grandparents?
- IELTS Essay: There is an increase in violence in the society because police officers carry guns. Do you agree or disagree?
- IELTS Essay: Some people think that it is our moral duty to help the poor. Do you agree?
- IELTS Essay: Why do people watch foreign films first, before locally produced films? Do you think that government investment in the film industry is a good idea?
- IELTS Essay: Should ads targeting kids be banned?
- IELTS Essay: Are schools providing specialized training better than those offering general education?
- IELTS Model essay: The number of older people is increasing. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this?
- IELTS model essay: Economic growth has improved the standard of living all over the world….