IELTS writing task 2: Do you think that training is necessary to be a good teacher?
Some people believe that to be a good teacher, you need to acquire training in teaching, while others believe that teaching capabilities can be developed with experience. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic? Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Do teachers require professional training in teaching? Some people think that it is absolutely necessary. Others, on the other hand, believe that teaching capabilities can be acquired with experience. Which argument is true? Let’s examine.
Most schools now prefer employing teachers who have a degree in teaching and that makes sense. A professional qualification in teaching equips teachers with all the skills necessary for teaching. A trained teacher has already received basic lessons in children’s psychology. He or she is already familiar with the most modern teaching methods. As a result of this they can do justice to their job from the day they start teaching. The method of teaching has also changed considerably over the years. Schools now employ several modern techniques that are not exactly easy to understand. If a teacher has not received training he or she will have trouble incorporating these techniques into their teaching. That means schools will need to provide training to them.
On the other hand, like every other skill, teaching skills too can be acquired with experience. If a teacher is good at learning from her everyday experiences at school, it wouldn’t take her more than a year or two to acquire the teaching capabilities of someone who has acquired professional training.
Looking at both sides of the argument, it is not hard to see that though teaching capabilities can be acquired with experience it takes time. And until a teacher acquires enough experience, he or she will not have the competence expected of a good teacher. In other words, trained teachers are better than those who have received little or no training at all.
- IELTS test in Canada – January 2012 (General training)
- IELTS Essay: Are schools providing specialized training better than those providing general education?
- IELTS Writing: Sample Letter
- IELTS Essay: Some believe that students who fear their teachers excel academically…
- CO2 Emission Per Passenger Kilometer For Different Forms Of Transport | IELTS writing task 1 (report writing)
- IELTS Writing
- Some People Think That Schools Are Merely Turning Children Into Good Citizens And Workers, Rather Than Benefitting Them As Individuals | Agree Or Disagree IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay writing tips
- You Have A Full Time Job. You Are Also Pursuing A Part Time Evening Course | IELTS Writing Task 1 Letter
- IELTS Essay: There is an increase in violence in society because police officers carry guns. Do you agree or disagree