Lifestyle And Culture Of Different Countries Are Becoming Similar | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Lifestyle and culture of different countries are becoming similar. Is it a positive development or negative?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Advancements in communication technology have made the entire world a global village where information travels from one corner to another in the blink of an eye. Due to this information symmetry and accessibility, the world is becoming increasingly similar. Some people argue that this is a negative development. While I do not quite consider this as totally negative, in my opinion, there is definitely a need to preserve diversity.
The first and foremost reason to oppose the tendency of countries to become similar is that it will lead to the loss of indigenous culture, traditions, customs and lifestyles. These lifestyles and culture were developed several millennia ago and suit the specific country. So, adopting another country’s lifestyles and culture might not be suitable for people living in that country. For example, in a country like India, it is better to eat vegetarian food and wear cotton clothes because the climate is hot. Furthermore, it is unsustainable if people living everywhere follow the same lifestyle. For example, the per capita consumption of fossil fuels in the USA is 20 times higher than the per capita consumption of the same fuel in a developing country. If people everywhere start using the same amount of energy, we will soon run out of its supply.
Another reason for nurturing diversity is that diversity enhances innovation. Different culture and lifestyles provide one a different perspective on life. Thus, many schools and colleges prefer to increase diversity in their classroom to enrich the learning experience. In the past, many pharmaceutical research teams in the USA attributed their success to essential inputs brought in by teammates of different nationality.
On the other hand, by adopting similarity, one can protect oneself from discrimination based on race, nationality or style of clothing. In addition, similarity enhances acceptance. It also makes life easier especially when people travel abroad.
In conclusion, considering the aforementioned views, in my opinion, it is crucial to protect diversity of different countries but at the same time there is no harm in imbibing the best practices of other countries.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Countries Are Becoming More And More Similar | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | People Traveling To Foreign Countries Should Adopt Foreign Culture
- Some People Think That When A Person Travels Into A Different Culture They Should Adapt To The Local Practices And Customs | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Now people wear similar clothes all around the world | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Nowadays Culture Is Much The Same All Around The World | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay sample | Travelers should follow local customs
- Developed countries should take more refugees from poorer countries | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Tourism Should Be Banned In Some Areas To Protect Culture
- Do you think people should adapt and accept the culture of the country they visit? | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 essay sample: Can we allow languages to die?