It Would Have Been Better If Automobiles Were Not Invented | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Though modern life is much facilitated by automobiles, it would have been better if they were not invented. Do you agree with this statement?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Automobiles have played an important role in the progress of the human society. Some people believe that it would have been better if they were not invented. I do not agree with this view. In my opinion, cars have done more good than harm and it is impossible to even imagine a life without them. Even so, it is important for us to limit the use of private cars.
The world has become a village due to the invention and subsequent evolution of the automobile industry. Today we can travel to distant places in a short span of time. Actually, journeys that used to take weeks or months in the past can now be completed within hours or days. Cars have also made our journey more comfortable. Rain or shine if we have a car we can go anywhere whenever we want. This can be quite liberating. The invention of the car has also enabled people living in remote areas to pursue work or studies in cities. The primary advantage of cars is that they can reach places that are not accessible by buses or trains. And in emergency situations, they can become lifesavers.
Of course, automobiles pollute and that is the main downside of them. This, however, does not mean that they need not have been invented. Actually, we can control pollution by limiting the use of cars and also by taking measures such as carpooling. In addition, we should use public transport whenever possible. We should also adopt technologies like electric cars. Since they do not emit harmful gases, they have little impact on the planet.
In conclusion, automobiles have become an indispensable part of our life today because of the comfort and convenience they offer. They do have some negative impact on the environment. However, this does not mean that they should not have been invented.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Scientists Are More Influential Than Politicians
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Are Politicians More Influential Than Scientists
- What Do You Think Is The Most Important Invention Of The Past 100 Years | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | What Is The Greatest Invention Of The Last 100 Years?
- Cars Are Better Than Bicycles In Cities | IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample about excessive use of cars
- Some People Think Robots Are Essential For Development; Others Think They Are Dangerous | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: How to reduce the number of cars on the road
- The Only Way To Reduce The Amount Of Traffic In Cities Is To Reduce The Need For People To Travel | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Claim That There Are More Disadvantages To The Car Than Advantages | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample