Governments And Companies Should Work Together To Reverse Environmental Damage | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Governments and big companies should work together to reverse environmental damage, rather than making individuals responsible for that. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your opinion and relevant examples.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, the onus is on governments and large industries to solve environmental issues, and not on individuals. I do not quite agree with this view. In my opinion, everyone has the responsibility to contribute their bit to reverse environmental damage. Of course, governments and large corporations can do more, but this does not mean that individuals have no responsibility.
Governments can help solve environmental issues by enacting strict laws that prevent deforestation and illegal mining. For example, illegal sand mining has destroyed many rivers in India. Strict laws are needed to prevent this practice. Likewise, the clearing of forest land for building industries and residential spaces should be stopped with stringent laws. In addition, the government should support the use of renewable sources of energy like solar and wind. It can incentivize companies conducting research in this field and offer subsidies to encourage people to install solar panels on their rooftops. Promotion of electronic vehicles is another way to reduce environmental damage. Only governments can take such measures.
Industries are the biggest polluters and as such they have a greater role than anyone else to reverse at least some of the damage caused by them. They can do this by investing in eco-friendly technologies. Manufacturing companies must ensure that they do not dump untreated waste into water bodies. Likewise, they must limit the use of plastic for packaging. Large businesses can also drive various environmental promotion drives.
Individuals like you and me have to contribute our bit too. We can do this by adopting responsible consumption. We must resist the temptation to buy products we do not need. We need to realize that our use and throw culture is causing a great deal of damage to the planet. If everyone practices thoughtful consumption of the available resources, we can prevent further damage to the environment.
In conclusion, environmental issues cannot be solved by any particular person or authority. Collective efforts of individuals, companies and governments are required to arrest the damage caused to the environment.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Individuals Cannot Improve Environment; Only Governments And Big Companies Can Make A Difference | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Developments in technology are causing environmental problems | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 essay sample: Should governments invite foreign companies to open branches?
- IELTS essay about increasing air and water pollution in developing nations
- Who Should Conduct Medical Surveys – Governments, Private Companies Or Individuals? | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That It Would Be Better For Large Companies And Industries To Move To Regional Areas Outside Urban Centers | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Eventually Technology Will Solve The Most Important Environmental Problems | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample about climate change
- Band 8 sample essay: Nations should cooperate with one another to solve environmental problems
- Increasing The Cost Of Fuel Is The Best Way To Solve Environmental Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample