Able means capable, skillful, good, efficient, expert, competent, proficient, accomplished, experienced, learned etc.
- The surgery was performed by two able surgeons.
- We have had several good captains, but Rahul is the ablest of them all.
- She is an able woman.
The word able can also be used to talk about ability.
- The old woman was barely able to walk.
- We are not able to grant this request.
- He is able to walk on his hands.
Ability is the power or capacity to do something. It can also mean skill or talent.
- He has the ability to manage a team of workers coming from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Ability has a plural form: abilities
Antonyms of able
Incapable, incompetent, inexpert, inept, unskillful, indifferent, fair, mediocre, incompetent, unqualified