Transport Modes In A European City | IELTS Report Sample
The following bar chart shows the different modes of transport used to travel to and from work in one European city in 1960, 1980 and 2000.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS report on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS report sample
The given bar chart illustrates the different methods of transport that people adopted in daily life in a particular European city in 1960, 1980 and 2000. Overall, walking to work, taking buses and driving cars were the most favored transport means in 1960, 1980 and 2000 respectively.
In 1960, only about 5% of travellers used cars for commuting. By 2000, as much as 35% of the people were using cars. By contrast, the popularity of bike and commuting on foot witnessed drastic fall over the given period. While 25% of the travellers rode to work in 1960, that figure dropped to 20% in 1980 and by 2000, it had plummeted to 5%. A large number of people (34%) chose walking to work in in 1960 and their proportion decreased to only 9% in 2000.
Last but not least, the percentage / proportion of of bus passengers fluctuated over the 40 years period. While in 1960, buses carried 25% of the passengers, in 2000 only about 15% of them used this mode of transport.
- Transport Modes In A European City | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Band 8 IELTS report
- IELTS report about average distance traveled by Englanders
- USA Marriage And Divorce Rate | Band 7.5 IELTS Report Sample
- Expenditure In Someland | Band 7.5 IELTS Report Sample
- Airport Visitors | Band 7 Academic IELTS Report
- Task 1 Academic IELTS Report | Units Of Electricity Produced In Australia And France
- The Best Way To Solve The Traffic Congestion In City Is To Provide Free Public Transport For 24 Hours A Day | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More People Use Private Cars Instead Of Talking The Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Number Of Trips Made By Children In One Country | Band 7 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report