Today Many Children Spend A Lot Of Time Playing Computer Games And Little Time On Sports | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Today many children spend a lot of time playing computer games and a little time on sports. Why is it? Is it a positive or negative development?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
These days, few children play a physical sport like football or basketball. Actually, they are spending most of their time playing computer games. Unfortunately, this has raised several concerns over their physical and emotional health. In my opinion, it is not beneficial for children to spend too much time playing games on the computer.
Computer games are becoming more and more popular among children because they have brought fun and entertainment to the living room. These days, almost every home has a computer and gaming console. This easy access to digital games encourages children to play them whenever they get an opportunity. Also, these games are addictive in nature. They have multiple levels and provide instant gratification. Moving from one level to the next makes children feel good about their skills and want to play more. Another factor driving the popularity of computer games is the lack of convenient access to playgrounds in urban areas.
Of course, there is no harm in playing computer games every now and then. They enable children to spend their free time on their own. However, young children are not supposed to be sitting in front of the computer all day long. They have to step out of their home and get physically active by playing a sport with their friends. When children play sports and games, their mental as well as physical health improves. Playing a team sport like football helps children acquire interpersonal and team skills which will benefit them when they enter the workplace in future.
Computer games, on the other hand, only provide entertainment. They might also improve the hand-eye coordination of children. Aside from that, they offer hardly any benefits. Worse still, children who spend a lot of time playing video games tend to develop various physical ailments such as obesity, neck pain and poor eyesight.
In conclusion, playing computer games for hours on end is definitely harmful for children and this practice cannot be encouraged. Parents and teachers should encourage them to play actual sports by reducing their screen time and giving easy access to playgrounds.
- Band 9 essay sample: Children should spend more time outdoor playing games
- Today Many Children Spend A lot Of Time Playing Computer Games | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Today Many Children Spend A Lot Of Time Playing Computer Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are spending too much time playing video games
- IELTS essay sample | Are computer games bad for children?
- Some People Think Playing Computer Games Is Bad For Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- What Are The Negative Impacts Of Playing Computer Games On Children | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Young People Today Spend More Time Than Ever Before Playing Video Games | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Better For Children To be Outside Playing Sports | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computer games