In Many Countries, It Is Now Illegal To Smoke In Public Places | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
In many countries, it is now illegal to smoke in public places. It is only fair that people who wish to smoke should have to leave the building. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Public smoking is banned in many countries now. Consequently, people who want to light a cigarette have to leave the public place and go to designated areas where smoking is allowed. I fully support this restriction on smoking. If people cannot smoke in public places many of them will eventually quit the habit because finding a designated smoking area may be hard.
There are several reasons to ban smoking in public places. To start with, it is injurious to health. Smoking causes various health problems like respiratory illnesses and cancer. Worse still, it hurts not only the smoker but also those around them. Several studies have shown that passive smoking is as bad as active smoking. Children and the elderly are the worst affected by this. Protecting them from the health consequences of passive smoking is the responsibility of the government. Banning smoking in public places is the most effective way of doing this.
If smoking is not allowed in public places, smokers will have to find a designated smoking area when they feel the urge. This is not always easy and hence it may actually encourage these people to quit the habit of smoking. Eventually, this simple measure will prove to be beneficial for all and hence it should be supported.
In conclusion, smoking is an unhealthy habit that cannot be encouraged. Banning smoking in public places is a measure in the right direction because it not only protects non-smokers from the harmful consequences of tobacco but also encourages smokers to quit the habit.
- In Many Countries, It Is Now Illegal To Smoke In Public Places | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: All governments should ban smoking in public places
- Band 8 essay sample | Mobile phones should be banned in public places
- Band 9 essay sample: Should mobiles be banned in public places?
- In Many Cities, The Use Of Video Cameras In Public Places Is Being Increased In Order To Reduce Crime | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Better To Choose Friends Who Always Agree With Us | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about littering in public places
- Band 9 essay sample | People are not feeling safe at home or in public places
- In Some Countries The Average Weight Of People Is Increasing | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Countries, Criminal Trials Are Shown On Television For The Public | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample