The pie charts below show units of electricity production by fuel source in Australia and France in 1980 and 2000. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Here is a band 8 IELTS report on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
The pie charts illustrate how many units of electricity were produced from different fuel sources in Australia and France in the years 1980 and 2000.Overall, the most significant source of electricity in Australia was coal in both years, whereas in France coal and gas together accounted for the most units of electricity produced in 1980 but nuclear power became the most significant source for electricity generation in 2000.
As for electricity generation in Australia coal produced 50 units in 1980 and this figure rose substantially to 130 in 2000. Units of electricity produced from hydropower increased from 20 units in 1980 to 36 units twenty years later. By contrast, there was a considerable drop in the amount of electricity generated from natural gas and oil over the period given.
In France, units generated from coal and natural gas remained the same in both years (25 units each. However, nuclear power generated the most units of electricity in 2000. While only 15 units of electricity were produced from nuclear power in 1980, this amount rose to 126 units in 2000.
- Electricity Generation In Germany And France | Band 9 IELTS Academic Module Task 1 Report
- Reading module practice test 1
- Expenditure In Someland | Band 7.5 IELTS Report Sample
- Airport Visitors | Band 7 Academic IELTS Report
- Band 8 IELTS report sample | Access to refrigerator, electricity and water among people in Ghana
- Band 8 essay sample | Advantages of nuclear energy outweigh disadvantages
- Academic IELTS report sample | Poverty in Australia
- IELTS report about average distance traveled by Englanders
- Participation In Leisure Activities | Band 9 IELTS Report | Academic Module Task 1
- Band 7 IELTS Report | Percentage Of Tourists To England