Some People Think That Physical Strength Is More Important For Success In Sports | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that physical strength is important for success in sport, while other people think that mental strength is more important. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Subscribe to my Youtube channel for essay organization tips and grammar lessons.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Some people opine that success in sports is determined by the muscular strength of the player; others insist that mental strength is more important for performing well on field. In my opinion, physical stamina is more important than mental agility.
On the one hand, mental strength is certainly important while playing a game. Players should be able to focus and they should never lose sight of their goal. Likewise, they must be able to play without losing their heart when the opposition performs better during the match. If they lose heart and become dejected it will further affect their performance and that will cause them to lose the game.
On the other hand, muscle strength is even more important. Physical sport is not a mind game and as such there is not much that a player can achieve by simply being mentally strong. Sportspersons who perform on field require tremendous physical strength and stamina. For example, in football a player should be able to perform for 90 minutes or more at a stretch. They have to run, jump, attack and defend and all of these activities are performed by the body. Without a strong body, they cannot continue playing. Of course, mental stability will help them stay focused without feeling dejected; however, having focus alone is not sufficient to win the game.
In conclusion, players need both physical and mental powers to win a game; however, in athletic events, physical strength is a lot more important than mental ability because success in such sports depend entirely on a player’s ability to play tirelessly for the entire duration of the game.
- Some People Argue That The Fittest And Strongest Individuals And Teams Always Achieve The Greatest Success In Sports | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That The Fittest And Strongest Individuals And Teams Always Succeed in Sports
- Some People Argue That The Fittest And Strongest Individuals Achieve The Greatest Success In Sports | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Learning to play team sports is an important part of a child’s education | Band 9 IELTS Essay
- Some People Believe That The Fittest And Strongest Individuals Always Succeed In Sports | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Team Sports Help School Students To Learn More Than Usual Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Learning To Play Team Sports Is An Important Part Of Education | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Physical Education And Sports Should Be Compulsory For All Students | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That To Be Successful At A Sport You Need Natural Talent | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Professional Sports, There Is An Increase In The Number Of Athletes Using Banned Substances | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample