In recent years, more and more people are choosing to read e books rather than paper books. Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
In the modern world, people are increasingly reading books online and the demand of printed books has declined. In my opinion, the advantages of this trend outweigh its drawbacks.
There are many benefits to reading electronic books. The space required for storing electronic books is very small compared to the space required for storing printed books. Electronic books can be stored in small pen drives or in CDs and it is easy to carry them around. Actually hundreds of books can be stored in a small pen drive. By contrast, a large amount of space is required to store paper books. People usually need a room to keep their academic books. Another advantage is that people can buy ebooks online and download them to their device within seconds of completing the purchase. But if they buy paper books online, they have to wait for days or even weeks before their order is delivered. Better still, eBooks are eco-friendly. Since they do not require paper, no trees are cut down to produce eBooks. In addition, it is possible to get books published in different parts of the world. People can read books which are usually not available in their local stores.
The biggest disadvantage of eBooks is that they require us to stare at a screen for a long time and thus they may cause eye strain and other problems. More and more people have vision problems in the modern world because of the extensive use of computers. However, when compared to the convenience eBooks provide, this problem is negligible and also, vision protection screens for computers are available now.
In conclusion, it is not hard to see that eBooks are better than paper books in many aspects. They are portable and they don’t occupy physical space. They might cause eye strain but it can be easily prevented by using protective screens.
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | In recent years, more and more people are choosing to read e-books rather than paper books. Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages?
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Regular Books
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | In the past people liked to store knowledge in books. However, in the present, we prefer to store knowledge on the internet.
- Band 9 essay sample | Printed books and magazines have lost their importance
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Printed Books
- Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample | Traditional Reading is better than the digital reading. Do you agree or disagree?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People No Longer Read Newspapers Or Watch Television
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | What Is The Greatest Invention Of The Last 100 Years?
- IELTS essay: Should computers be banned from the classroom?
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Few Young People Read Newspapers