IELTS Speaking Questions: Job-Related
There are three tasks in the IELTS Speaking test: a personal interview, a speech and a discussion. During the personal interview you will be asked general questions about yourself, your family, your job, studies, friends, interests etc. Here are some job-related questions that could be asked during your IELTS speaking test.
- What do you do?
- Tell me something about your job?
- Are you working?
- Are you employed?
- What do you do for a living?
- What does your job involve?
- Are you happy with your job?
- Would you like to change jobs?
- Why don’t you apply for another job?
- If you get a better job offer, will you accept it?
- What are the normal working hours in your country?
- What kind of jobs command high salaries in your country?
- Do you work in shifts?
- Do you get flexible working hours?
- Would you like a 9-5 job?
- Do you work overtime?
- Why did you choose this job?
- What do you like about your job?
- Is there anything you don’t like about your job?
- Do you have to travel on work?
- Do you get holiday allowances?
- Did they give you a lot of training before appointing you?
- Do you get a pay rise at the end of each year?
- Can you tell me something about your workplace?