Do You Think Design Of Buildings Have Positive Or Negative Impact? | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Do you think design of buildings have positive or negative impact? Which way it can effect on work and live?”
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, people spend a lot of money to build homes and offices. One of the first things that they consider while constructing buildings is their design. In my opinion, the design of a building can have both positive and negative impact on people.
Engineers design buildings according to the vision of the residents. They ensure optimal ventilation because airflow inside the buildings can affect the cognitive function in humans. Study rooms, for example, should be airy because it helps to stimulate their brain. As a result, the grasping power and concentration of students can be increased. By contrast, if the buildings are not properly ventilated, residents may develop various health problems and depression. Ultimately, this situation affects their personal and professional lives.
Office buildings should make optimal use of space because employees spend 8 to 10 hours in the workplace and the design of the building should ensure their comfort. In addition, office spaces should induce relaxation. One way of achieving this is to incorporate relaxing colours like green in the design. Green rooms, for example, have a soothing effect on employees and help them work with greater efficiency. It is also important for homes and offices to make best use of natural sunlight. This will reduce the operating cost of these buildings by eliminating the need for artificial lighting during day time.
Safety is another important concern. The design of buildings should meet the safety measures as described by the government so that buildings do not pose a threat to the lives of people. In the case of buildings built in areas prone to earthquakes or hurricanes, it is important to ensure that they are protected against these natural disasters.
In conclusion, the design of buildings certainly affects the wellbeing of residents. While building homes and offices, it is important to ensure optimal use of air and sunlight. It is also important to meet construction guidelines relevant to the area.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- IELTS essay: Should people be allowed to build homes of whatever design and size they prefer
- Some People Say That Old Buildings Should Be Restored; Others Say That They Should Be Demolished | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Computer technology has more of a negative impact than a positive impact on the society. Do you agree?
- Some people think that the government should knock down old buildings and make way for new buildings | IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay sample | Buildings should be beautiful as well as functional
- IELTS essay: Restoration of old buildings is expensive
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people think that new houses should be built in the same style as the older houses in the local area
- Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Have Had A Huge Negative Impact On Individuals And Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Instead Of Renovating Old Buildings, The Government Should Build New Infrastructure | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Sample essay: A number of historic buildings have been destroyed. What are the reasons for this?