University Libraries Should Focus on eBooks Only Instead Of Paper Based Books | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
e-Books are completely taking over paper-based books. University libraries should focus on e-books only instead of paper-based books. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages and give your opinion.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, hard copies of books are being replaced by their electronic versions. eBooks certainly have several advantages over their printed versions. They do not occupy space or carry weight. Also, they are up to date. Even so, I cannot agree with the argument that university libraries should start offering eBooks alone. Despite the many advantages electronic books have, they still have a few disadvantages.
The main advantage of eBooks is that they are much less expensive than paper based books. They do not wear out or occupy space. In fact, thousands of eBooks can be stored on a small device like a smart phone or a tablet. People can carry them on their mobile device wherever they go and read them whenever they want. Also, eBooks are updated frequently. This enables readers to have access to the latest information on the subject.
Nevertheless, eBooks do have certain disadvantages. To start with, in order to read them, people have to invest in an eBook reader or another gadget like a smart phone. These devices can be expensive and a university library may not be able to buy enough of them so that every student can read. Another disadvantage is that if the device malfunctions, students will not be able to read books stored on it. A weak battery or a power outage can also render these devices useless and make the books stored on them inaccessible.
To conclude, eBooks certainly have several advantages over their paper based versions. Even so, the argument that libraries should replace all the printed books with eBooks is preposterous. They are certainly versatile but they do possess some inherent weaknesses that make them less reliable than paper books in certain situations.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- In recent years, more and more people are choosing to read e books rather than paper books | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | In recent years, more and more people are choosing to read e-books rather than paper books. Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages?
- The Internet Has Replaced Traditional Books As Sources Of Information | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Regular Books
- Band 8 essay sample | Libraries are no longer required
- Number Of Books Borrowed From Four Libraries | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Libraries are no longer needed
- Band 8 Essay: Public libraries are no longer required because of the internet
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Public libraries are no longer required
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | In the past people liked to store knowledge in books. However, in the present, we prefer to store knowledge on the internet.