Today More People Are Traveling Than Before | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Today more people are travelling than ever before. Why is this the case? What are the benefits of traveling for the traveller?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Each year, millions of people visit other countries and spend their leisure time there. Actually, the number of travelers is growing year after year. There are many reasons behind this trend and the most important among them is the rise in the income and living standards of people.
People are traveling because they can afford it. Thanks to advances in technology, air travel has become considerably cheap; as a result, more and more people can visit foreign countries. In addition, people have become more curious. They read about foreign countries on the internet and watch programmes on television. This exposure makes them want to visit those countries so that they can experience everything first hand. They want to taste exotic dishes they have never eaten before and celebrate unique and colourful festivals they have only seen on TV. Traveling, after all, is the best way to learn and discover new things.
Traveling benefits people in many ways. To start with, it is a good way for people to learn about the world. When they travel they get exposed to various cultures. They get to learn new languages and interact with new and interesting people. This exposure makes them tolerant and enhances their world view. Take myself as an example. I have been in France for a year as an exchange student. During this period, I have learned a great deal about the French culture. For instance, I have visited lots of museums and galleries in Paris and as a result, I now appreciate beauty in a more sensitive way. In addition, I have become more appreciative of differences. I now understand that customs, traditions, languages and skin colour are all unique to a country and need to be respected. In short, my travels have made me a better and more tolerant person. Every traveler has similar stories to share.
To conclude, more and more people are traveling because of their natural curiosity and also because they can afford it. In my opinion, this is a positive development because it promotes learning and understanding.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay: More people are traveling than before. Why is this?
- Band 7.5 essay sample about the reasons for learning a foreign language
- Some people think that to learn about other countries, they need to travel | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay: Is television a better source of information than traveling?
- It is sometimes thought that people who travel outside of their own country are more tolerant and understanding of others | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Do The Disadvantages Of International Traveling Outweigh The Advantages | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | People Are Traveling To Dangerous Places
- Every year several languages die out. Some people think that it is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7 essay sample | People are traveling more than ever
- IELTS essay about the reasons for learning a foreign language