Some People Believe That It Is Very Important To Make A Large Amount Of Money | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that it is very important to make a large amount of money, while others are satisfied to earn a comfortable living. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
There is no doubt that money is an essential component of our lives. While some people believe that it is necessary to earn huge sums of money, in my opinion, our priority must be earning enough to live a comfortable life.
An advantage of having a lot of money is the luxury that comes with it. Poor people have to struggle for even the basic necessities and this makes their lives miserable. By contrast, the rich can have whatever they want. They do not have to look at the price tag before buying things. They can offer the best healthcare and education to their children. They can holiday in exotic places and have all the pleasures and comforts that money can buy. Obviously, there are benefits to having a lot of money.
Even so, in my opinion, it is not necessary to hoard wealth. The reason why I believe so is that oftentimes people have to sacrifice a lot of other things to be filthy rich. For example, they may have to work ridiculously long hours and this can hurt their health. If they are always busy working and focused on making money, it will affect their family life as well. In my opinion, wealth accumulated at the expense of one’s health and family life is not worth it because the only objective of earning money is to live a comfortable and happy life. If people have all the wealth in the world and yet they do not have a moment for themselves or their family, they cannot be happy and that wealth, in my opinion, is useless. Hence, I believe that everyone should know their priorities and focus on them accordingly. Of course, it is necessary to earn enough to live a comfortable life. We should also be able to save for our future. Beyond that money has no real value. While there is no harm in earning a lot of money, if it is at the expense of other important things in life, it is a foolish pursuit.
To conclude, money is important and everyone should have enough of it. However, the sole purpose of our life should not be the accumulation of wealth because there are more important things in life.
Want to improve your English Grammar? Get my book and avoid making the common mistakes that IELTS test takers usually make.
- Some People Believe That Money Is The Most Important Factor For Achieving Happiness | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Think It Is Important To Spend A Lot Of Money On A Large Wedding Reception | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 6.5 Essay Sample | Does Money Bring Happiness?
- Many People Spend A Large Amount Of Money On Birthdays And Weddings | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Think That Money Is Important For Achieving Happiness | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Richness Is An Important Factor In Helping People | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say The Main Way To Be Happy In Life Is To Have A Lot Of Money | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Argue That Job Satisfaction Is More Important Than Job Security | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say The Main Way To Be Happy Is To Have A Lot Of Money | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Should We Spend Money Or Save It For Future?