Should Government Spend Money On Arts When They Have So Many Other Important Issues | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Should Government spend money on art when they have so many other important issues?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic? Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
There is no denying the fact that the government has to take care of several pressing issues such as poverty, unemployment and illiteracy. This is particularly true in the case of developing countries. However, this does not mean that the government should not spend money on arts.
Art represents a country and its heritage. Take, for instance, the case of India. The country is famous for its exquisitely sculpted monuments, temples and palaces. They were the handiwork of artists of the bygone era. Even today, the temples and monuments at Konark, Rajasthan and Madurai attract tens of thousands of local and international tourists. They showcase the rich cultural history of the country and elevate its status. If the kings of those times had not patronised art and artists we would not have these monuments to show off now. Not only the monuments but other forms of art like dance and music also need to be preserved for future generations. Otherwise, we will lose touch with our roots.
Government funding is crucial for the existence of arts. Art itself does not generate much revenue and hence artists, especially the lesser-known ones, have to struggle to make a living. This deters many of them from pursuing art as a profession. The only way to kindle their passion is to provide them financial assistance. By doing so, the government can not only protect its artists from starvation but also preserve his cultural legacy. Spending money on arts is also a way of generating money and creating employment. For example, if the government conducts art festivals and exhibitions, they will attract a lot of visitors and return the investment. Such events also provide employment to a number of people. Thus, it is evident that spending on arts is not a waste of resources.
To conclude, it is important for the government to invest in various social and economic welfare schemes. Likewise, it is equally important to invest in arts.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit It below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Think That The Government Is Wasting Money On Arts | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Government should stop wasting money on arts
- The Government Is Wasting Money On Arts And This Money Could Be Better Spent Elsewhere | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people think that the government is wasting money on the arts and this money could be better spent elsewhere
- IELTS Essay: Should governments provide financial assistance to artists?
- IELTS essay sample | Should governments fund artists?
- Band 9 Essay Sample | People Are Losing Interest In Arts
- Many People Think It Is Important To Spend A Lot Of Money On A Large Wedding Reception | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Should Governments Support Art And Artists?
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Should governments spend money for training sports people?