IELTS Speaking Preparation Tips
IELTS Test preparation – Speaking
The speaking module involves an interview between the candidate and the examiner. It lasts between 11 and 14 minutes. In the first part the candidates have to answer general questions about themselves, their family, study/work and other such general and familiar topics. In the second part the candidates have to speak for a minute or two on a given topic. You will be given a minute to prepare your answer. In the final part the examiner engages the candidate in a discussion on issues related to the topic that the candidate spoke about in part two.
During the speaking test the candidate should speak directly to the examiner maintaining eye contact. Answers should be relevant to the questions. Keywords in the questions are important. Do not repeat prepared answers. The candidate’s performance is evaluated for fluency, vocabulary, grammatical accuracy and pronunciation.
- IELTS Speaking Tips
- IELTS speaking test in India September 2013
- IELTS Speaking test in Singapore: Questions and answers
- How to prepare for the speaking test?
- IELTS Speaking: How To Prepare For The Interview?
- IELTS speaking sample test
- An overview of the speaking module
- IELTS Speaking Test in Canada
- Speaking module practice test 1
- IELTS Speaking Practice Questions from India