IELTS essay about unhealthy eating habits in children
Nowadays more and more children acquire unhealthy eating habits. Why is it happening? What can be done to solve this issue?
In this fast moving world, no one has time to perform their day to day activities like washing or cooking. We are dependent on fast foods and machines that make our lives easier. Unfortunately, this dependence has several negative consequences. Fast foods, for example, affect our health. Children are particularly vulnerable to this threat. In this essay, I will analyse the various factors that contribute to unhealthy eating habits among children.
We now live in a career centric world. Everyone wants to be a super achiever. In many families both parents work. While there are some advantages to this arrangement, it has several disadvantages as well. When dad and mom work, neither will have time to cook proper meals for their children. Since fast foods eliminate the need to cook, they simply grab packets of them from the supermarket shelves. They don’t understand the health consequences of their action.
Fast food giants are spending millions of dollars on advertising and marketing. Many of these ads specifically target children. Their ads present their foods as healthy and delicious. Neither the parents nor the children see the real picture.
There are solutions to this problem. The first one, of course, is to cook delicious and healthy food at home. If this is not possible because of time constraints, parents should consider hiring a domestic help to take care of cooking. The government should also formulate laws that prevent fast food giants from airing their ads on channels meant for children. If kids do not see the ads of these products, they are unlikely to want them.
To conclude, it is necessary to protect our kids from health problems. This will not be possible if parents, the government and food companies do not make a concerted effort.
- IELTS essay sample | Fast foods are bad. Do you agree?
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Eating home-cooked food is better than eating out
- Band 9 essay sample about increasing tax on food items
- IELTS essay: Traditional food is being replaced by international fast food
- Band 7 essay about increasing tax on fast foods
- Band 9 essay sample | Tax on fast foods should be increased
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Health problems caused by obesity and possible solutions
- Some people believe that giving a weekly allowance will help children to develop good spending habits. Do you agree or disagree?
- IELTS essay sample: Advertisements targeting young children should be banned
- IELTS essay sample | Governments should take action to ensure that people lead healthy lives