An Increasing Number Of Children Are Overweight These Days | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
An increasing number of children are overweight which could result in many problems when they grow older both in terms of their health and health care costs. Why do you think so many children are overweight? What could be done to solve this problem?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
More and more children are becoming obese and developing various health problems as a result. The main causes of childhood obesity are the excessive consumption of fast foods and the sedentary lifestyle. Encouraging physical activity and promoting healthy eating habits are the best ways to tackle this menace.
Fast food joints are mushrooming all over the world. They are a favourite with children because their food is tasty and addictive. Unfortunately, junk food is rich in calories and various preservatives and additives. Regular consumption of these foods causes weight gain in children. Worse still, these days most children lead a sedentary lifestyle. They hardly flex a muscle. Instead, they sit in front of the computers and televisions for hours on end eating loads of chips and cookies. When the physical inactivity is coupled with regular consumption of fatty foods, the result is obesity.
Encouraging children to get physically active and limiting their intake of junk food are the only ways to combat obesity. Parents must ensure that their children are eating healthy, home-cooked meals. While there is no harm in eating a burger or a pizza from time to time, children should not be allowed to have these only a regular basis. In addition, parents must encourage their kids to play a physically demanding sport like football or cricket. Playing a sport helps them burn the excess calories in their diet and thus lose weight. It is equally important to limit their screen time.
In conclusion, children are becoming obese because they eat too much fatty foods and sit for hours on end without moving a bit. Encouraging physical activity and limiting the intake of fast food are the only ways to tackle this problem.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Obesity Is Increasing Among Children
- Band 9 essay sample about increasing tax on food items
- Band 9 Essay About Increasing Tax On Fast Foods
- Band 7 essay about increasing tax on fast foods
- The Percentage Of Overweight Children In Western Society Has Increased By Almost 20% | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Countries The Average Weight Of People Is Increasing | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about obesity and its causes and solutions
- More And More People Are Becoming Seriously Overweight | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Consumption of Fast Foods
- The Number Of Obese People Is Increasing. What Are The Causes Of This? | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample