Accommodate | IELTS vocabulary
To accommodate someone with something is to help them.
- Can you accommodate me with a loan?
- We cannot accommodate your needs at the moment.
Accommodate can also mean adapt, adjust, fit, conform, modify or hamornise.
- You have to accommodate yourself to the situation.
The word accommodate has two c’s and two m’s.
Accommodating can mean obliging, helpful, kind, hospitable, considerate etc.
- The driver was very accommodating.
- Our host was fun and accommodating.
Accommodation is a place where someone may live or stay.
- There are several hotels in the city that provide cheap accommodation.
- We had excellent accommodation on the ship.
Accommodation can also mean a compromise, agreement, settlement or adjustment.
- If the workers and the management don’t reach an accommodation, there will be a strike.