You Have Seen An Advertisement In A Magazine For Someone To Live With A Family For Six Months To Look After Their Child | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
You have seen an advertisement in an Australian magazine for someone to live with a family for six months and look after their six- year-old child. Write a letter to the parents. In your letter:
– Explain why you would like the job
– give details of why you would be a suitable person to employ
– say how you would spend your free time while you are in Australia
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir/ Madam,
I am writing to express my interest in the job of a nanny for your kid for six months.
I have seen your advertisement in a magazine that you need someone for taking care of your six year old. I would love to do this as I like children and have been taking care of my two year old nephew since he was four months old. This is because both my brother and his wife were working and hence I took the responsibility of my nephew happily.
Moreover, I have two years of experience as a baby-sitter with five different families, and they all appreciated my work. In addition to this, I am a calm and extrovert person and easily mingle / gel with the small children which make me a suitable candidate for the job.
I am coming to Australia to visit my sister on a six month visa and hoping to spend my free time in visiting different places there. If you offer me this job, I would get a chance to earn money for myself, and learn about a new culture.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some Believe That Elderly People Should Live In Nursing Homes; Others Think They Should Live With Their Family | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- A Restaurant Has Placed An Advertisement For Waiters And Waitresses | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Have Seen An Advertisement For A Job Working In The City Museum Shop | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Write A Letter To The Editor To Give Your Opinion About A Magazine That You Purchased | Band 8 IELTS Letter sample
- Work Is Being Done On The Street Where You Live | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Write A Letter To An Editor To Give Your Opinion About A Magazine | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Have Seen An Advertisement For Volunteers To Teach English Overseas | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Recently Read An Article In A Business Magazine About The Company You Work For | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Saw An Advertisement For A Job Working In The City Museum Shop | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter Expressing Your Interest In Accompanying Your Child On A Foreign Trip Organized By The School