Labour Saving Devices Are Supposed To Make Our Lives Easier | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Labour-saving devices such as dishwashers and communication tools such as computers are supposed to make our lives easier. However, some people argue that these devices only make them more difficult. Does modern technology increase or decrease stress?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Some people opine that home appliances like washing machines and dishwashers and communication tools like the internet and smart phones make our lives more complicated and elevate our stress levels. I do not agree with this view. While I do admit that overdependence on technology might lead to unexpected situations and increased stress, judicious use of technology will certainly reduce our stress levels by making our lives easier.
To begin with, time is the most precious commodity in this world. Generally speaking, any technology that saves time is beneficial for us. Modern innovations like emails and the internet make communication superfast and thus save a lot of time which can be used for more productive things. For example, these days technology has enabled many people to work from home. This allows them to save precious time which would otherwise have been consumed by the daily commute. They can use that time to build better relationships or to cultivate a hobby. Studies have shown that people who have time for themselves and their family tend to have considerably low levels of stress.
In addition to that, the labour saving devices significantly reduce the amount of energy and effort required to perform tasks. Consequently both individuals and businesses are able to get more work done in less time and with less effort. This conserves their energy which they can use for playing a sport or doing some other tasks that they enjoy. For example, if people have sufficiently higher levels of energy even after completing the day’s work, they can perhaps go for walk in the evening or do some gardening. Both activities will refresh their mind and benefit their physical health.
On the flip side, excessive use of technology and overdependence on it can certainly be problematic. For example, these days due to social media addiction most people have an uncontrollable need to stay connected to the internet all the time. If they lose connectivity even for a few minutes, their stress levels peak. The misuse and abuse of technology also lead to many problems. However, these issues can be resolved by using technology only for the intended purpose.
To conclude, even though new-age scientific inventions create dependency and unexpected problems, if they are used moderately and wisely they will definitely reduce our stress levels.
- Labour-Saving Devices Make Our Lives Easier | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Essay: Our grandparents think that their lives were simpler and better
- Technology Is Improving The Lives Of Workers | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS sample essay: Modern technology has made our lives more complicated
- Food Has Become Easier To Cook | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More People Want Instant Service Now
- Films And Games Can Be Accessed At Anytime From Mobile Devices | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay about children spending money instead of saving it
- IELTS Essay: Technological innovations have affected our lives. Do you agree or disagree?
- More And More Work Is Being Carried Out By Machines In All Areas Of Our Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample