IELTS Speaking test in Qatar
The following questions were asked in a recent IELTS speaking test. Here are some tips for scoring well in the Speaking module.
Examiner: Let’s talk about holidays. How often do you go on holidays?
Candidate: Whenever I get an opportunity. I have a stressful job so I make it a point to take a short break every now and then.
Examiner: Do you prefer to take long or short holidays? Why?
Candidate: I prefer short holidays. The nature of my job prevents me from taking long holidays. Actually, I can’t be away from my workplace for more than a couple of days at a time.
Examiner: What do you usually do on holidays?
Candidate: I like the hills and I am also into the adventure stuff. Trekking is an activity that I really enjoy. I also like to roam around old cities and towns.
Examiner: Why do you choose these activities?
Candidate: I like to challenge myself. That is the reason I enjoy trekking. I am also into history. Actually, I find old towns very inviting.
Examiner: Tell me about a memorable holiday that you had.
Candidate: I recently visited Varanasi and it was the most memorable holiday I had in a while. Actually, it was not a holiday. It was kind of a pilgrimage. I am not particularly religious. Even so, I enjoyed every moment of the two days I spent in Varanasi. The trip was enlightening in many ways. Actually, it made me spiritual.
The IELTS tests a variety of language skills. Here are some tips for improving your overall band score.
- IELTS Speaking sample questions with answers
- IELTS speaking test in India September 2013
- IELTS speaking test in India in September
- IELTS speaking test in India | Sample questions and answers
- IELTS speaking test in Sri Lanka
- IELTS speaking test in Myanmar – Questions and answers
- IELTS Speaking Test Part 3: General Questions About Movies
- IELTS Speaking test in Singapore: Questions and answers
- IELTS Speaking Test Questions
- IELTS speaking sample test