IELTS speaking test in India September 2013
During the first part of the IELTS speaking test, you will be asked questions about yourself, your family, work, education etc.
The following questions were asked in an IELTS speaking test held in India in September 2013. Sample answers are also given.
Examiner: Can you tell me your name, please?
Candidate: My name is…
Examiner: Can I see your ID?
Candidate: Sure. Here you are.
Examiner: Where are you from?
Candidate: I am from Bangalore. It is a south Indian city known for its IT and BPO industry.
Examiner: Are you working or studying?
Candidate: I am working.
Examiner: Where do you work?
Candidate: I work at a call centre in Bangalore.
Examiner: How long have you been working there?
Candidate: Well, I have been working there for almost six months now.
Examiner: How do you get to the office?
Candidate: I get to work by our company bus. My office is not far from where I live, so it takes me only ten minutes.
Examiner: What do you think about the transportation system in your city?
Candidate: The transportation system in my city needs to improve a lot. Of course, there are plenty of roads and flyovers; however, during peak hours getting to work or home on time is quite a hassle. Many roads are in bad shape. I hope the government spends more money on developing infrastructure.
- IELTS speaking test in India (September 2011)
- IELTS speaking sample test
- IELTS speaking test in Sri Lanka (with answers)
- IELTS speaking test in Australia in March 2013
- IELTS speaking test in India
- IELTS Speaking test in Singapore: Questions and answers
- IELTS Speaking Test in Vietnam August 2011
- IELTS speaking test in India – January 2012
- IELTS Speaking sample test with answers 2
- An overview of the speaking module