IELTS speaking test in India | Sample questions and answers
The following questions were asked in an IELTS speaking test held in India. Sample answers are also provided.
Examiner: Do you work or study?
Candidate: I work at an advertising agency. I am a copywriter.
Examiner: How different is your new job from your previous job?
Candidate: My new job is very different from my previous job. Before joining this ad agency, I worked as an accountant for about two years. It is true that I have a degree in commerce, but my mind was always in advertising. I quit that job when I realized that I wasn’t enjoying it. My new job is more demanding and I work longer hours, but I enjoy it thoroughly.
Examiner: When are you happy at work?
Candidate: I feel happy when my clients and my boss appreciate my work.
Examiner: Tell me about your city.
Candidate: I live in Mumbai. Actually I come from Nagpur but I have been living in Mumbai for over 4 years. It is a big city on the western coast of India. People from all over the country live in Mumbai.
Examiner: Do you read magazines?
Candidate: Yes, I do. I enjoy reading sports and lifestyle magazines.
Examiner: Why do you think people read magazines?
Candidate: Well, I think that is because everyone wants to stay up-to-date. Magazines especially lifestyle magazines keep people informed of the latest trends in fashion, health, food and education. I am very conscious of what I eat and what I wear. Lifestyle magazines help me make informed decisions. Others may have other reasons to read magazines.
- IELTS speaking test in India September 2013
- Speaking part 1: Sample questions and answers
- IELTS Speaking test in Singapore: Questions and answers
- IELTS Speaking part 1: Sample Questions and Answers
- Speaking test practice questions
- IELTS speaking questions with answers
- IELTS Speaking Test Part 3: General Questions About Movies
- IELTS Speaking sample test with answers 2
- IELTS Speaking sample questions with answers
- IELTS speaking: practice questions with answers