IELTS speaking practice | Describe a family you like
Describe a family that you like (not your own). Please say
- How do you know this family?
- How much time do you spend with this family?
- Why do you like it?
I will talk about my best friend Amit’s family. I have known them for ten years now. I met Amit at college. He was a fun-loving person and soon we became great friends. His home was near our college. As my family lived in another town at that time, I was staying in the hostel. I had some good friends in the hostel but I hated the food they served. Amit knew this. He would frequently invite me to his home. His mother is a kind woman. She is very caring and affectionate. Whenever I visited them she would prepare my favourite dishes and serve them with great love. I found my own mother in her. I also enjoy a great relationship with Amit’s father. He is a retired engineer. We both share the same passion for cricket and electronics. Amit has an elder brother who works in Germany. I have met him only a couple of times and on all those occasions he was extremely cordial. He is like an elder brother to me. Amit now lives in the Middle East and I am in Singapore. We still talk to each other on phone but I haven’t seen him in a year or so. However, I make it a point to visit his parents whenever I am in Bangalore. They are like my own family to me and have always treated me as their own son.
- IELTS Speaking Questions: Family- related
- IELTS Speaking Part II | Describe a toy you used to play with as a child
- IELTS Speaking part 1: Sample Questions and Answers
- IELTS speaking practice | Describe a person you would like to meet
- IELTS speaking | Describe a piece of furniture you have in your home
- Cue Card | Describe your last journey
- IELTS speaking part 1 practice test
- IELTS speaking task 2: Describe a movie you liked
- Speaking test practice questions
- Band 9 letter sample: You forgot a coat at your friend’s place