IELTS essay | Anyone can be taught to become a musician or athlete
Topic: It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for music and sport, and others are not. However it’s sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become good sports person or musician. Discuss the two ideas giving your opinion.
Some people are born with certain talents and become well-known artists, dancers, musicians or athletes. There are also some people who carve a niche for themselves in these fields in spite of having no inherent talents.
People who are born with a certain talents do not have to work too hard to achieve a name for themselves in that field. However, they still need to work on their skills. Without practice, it is impossible to achieve fame no matter how talented a person is. Obviously, being born with certain talents is definitely an advantage. Some children, for example, show exceptional skills in painting or singing from a very young age. They only need a little training to become successful painters or singers.
Children who are born with no specific talents may also become successful sportsmen or dancers. However, this requires a great deal of hard work. We often hear about actors or dancers coming from families with no specific background in those fields. They still make a name for themselves by putting in tremendous amounts of effort. This clearly shows that it is possible to horn one’s skills; however, it is definitely easier for those who are born with those skills.
To conclude, being born with certain talents is definitely an advantage. Those who don’t possess any such skills may also be able to prove their mettle through hard work. However, it is easier for those with those talents. In my opinion, inherent skills are a boon. Anyone can learn music and dance, but if one wants to be an outstanding singer or dancer, one needs some inborn skills.
- IELTS Band 7.5 Essay Samples: Money Management Skills Should Be Taught At Schools
- Band 8 IELTS essay sample: children should be taught the importance of money
- IELTS essay sample: Should sports be taught at school?
- IELTS Speaking test in Singapore: Questions and answers
- Essay: Should disobedient students be taught separately?
- IELTS essay written by student: Should children be encouraged to cooperate?
- Band 7 essay samples: Should noisy and disobedient students be taught separately?
- Band 9 essay sample: Should schools remove non-academic subjects from the syllabus?
- Sample essay: Can scientists detect criminal tendencies in a child by mapping his brain at age 3?