To circumvent is to go around or circumnavigate.
Circumvent can also mean bypass, avoid, elude, escape or outwit.
- The pilot circumvented the storm by flying further south.
- The smugglers tried to circumvent the law.
- He circumvented the blow by lowering his head.
When you circumvent something you try to avoid or find a way around it.
Antonyms of this word are: face, confront, meet, meet head on.
- Improve your vocabulary
- Acrid, acrimony and acrimonious | IELTS vocabulary
- Accomplish | IELTS vocabulary
- IELTS essays: vocabulary tips
- IELTS vocabulary practice
- Abnormal | IELTS vocabulary
- IELTS Vocabulary – verbs indicating fall and rise
- Accident and acclaim | IELTS vocabulary
- IELTS vocabulary exercise
- IELTS vocabulary practice test