An Increasing Number Of Schools Provide Tablets And Laptop Computers For Students To Use In School | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
An increasing number of schools provide tablets and laptop computers for students to use in school, replacing books and other printed materials like exams and assignments. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
These days many schools are providing students with tablets and laptops instead of books and other printed study material. This essay will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this practice.
There are several benefits to using laptops and tablets in the classroom. First of all, they can store a large amount of information and hence students do not have to carry a heavy bag to the school. Also, tablets and laptops provide visual representation of the lessons. This makes learning more interesting for students. For example, learning subjects like science or geography with the help of animations and images is more fun than reading textbooks. Also, when children use these devices in school, they become familiar with advanced technology.
On the other hand, when children use a tablet in the classroom to make notes or to save their lessons, they handwriting skills diminish. Another disadvantage is that these devices have advanced word processors with spelling and grammar checking features. Consequently, when children use them from a young age, they will assume that there is no need to learn spelling or grammar. They may also adopt the practice of using the calculator on these devices for performing even basic arithmetic calculations. Health problems are another downside of using computers in the classroom. Staring at an illuminated screen for long hours can cause vision problems in children. Now if the device is connected to the internet, there is a very high possibility that children will use it to play video games or access social media sites in the classroom. There is also the risk of them stumbling upon online content inappropriate for their age.
In conclusion, tablets and computers make learning more fun and interactive. However, using them excessively can cause vision changes in children. There is also the possibility of them forgetting the very art of handwriting.
- An Increasing Number Of Schools Provide Tablets And Laptop Computers For Students To Use In School | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- An Increasing Number Of Schools Provide Tablets And Laptop Computers For Students To Use In School | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Books Should Be Stopped In School And That Video Films And Computers Should Be Used Instead | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Today Some People Insist That All Students Have Their Own Laptop Computer In Class | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Students are becoming more and more reliant on computers | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay: Should computers be banned from the classroom?
- Band 9 Essay Sample about the Adverse Effects of Increasing Use of Computers and Smart Phones
- Computers Are Becoming An Essential Part of School Lessons | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Students Are Becoming More And More Reliant On Computers | Band IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Now We Can See Films On Our Phones Or Tablets | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample