In Recent Years, Many Local Shops Have Closed Because Customers Travel To Large Shopping Centres | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
In recent years, many small local shops have closed because customers travel to large shopping centres or malls to do their shopping. Is this a positive or a negative development?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
These days, many buyers prefer to shop in the giant shopping malls. As a result, several small shops have closed. While this phenomenon is beneficial for customers, it has a negative impact on small businesses and economy.
There are many benefits to this development to customers. The most significant benefit is that they can buy items at a cheaper rate. This is because there are many shops in the mall and people can buy where they get the best deal. Another advantage is that it saves people’s valuable time as they do not have to go to multiple shops to buy different itmes, which is the case with small shops. To illustrate, most people in Mumbai prefer to shop for clothes, grocery items or electronics in shopping malls as they have a lot of options to choose from, and they also get huge discount on many items.
However, this trend has a negative impact on small supermarkets and national economy. One major issue is that local people’s businesses suffer a huge loss as they are not able to compete with big shopping malls. As a consequence, they have to close down their businesses, and have to depend on the government’s aid. Another crucial problem is that when these small shops are closed down, many people who were working in those shops become unemployeed. As a consequence, they become a burden on the nation because the government has to provide them with unemployement benefits.
In conclusion, while shopping in a big mall is advantageous for buyers as it saves their time and money, it has a drastic impact on small businesses, and country’s economy.
- In Recent Years Many Local Shops Have Closed Because Customers Travel To Large Shopping Malls | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Local Shops Have Closed Because Of Large Shopping Malls | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Recent Years, Many Small Local Stores Have Closed | Band 8 IELTS Sample
- Many Local Shops Are Closing Are They Are Unable To Compete With Large Supermarkets | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Local Shops Are Closing Down Because Of Supermarkets
- The Recent Popularity Of Online Shopping Will Result In The End Of High Street Shops | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about supermarkets and small shops
- Some People Have The Opinion That Big Shopping Malls Are Expensive Places As They Charge Higher Prices For Products | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 6.5 essay | Young people spend their time in shopping malls
- The Growth Of Online Shopping Will Lead To The Closure Of Shops In Cities And Towns | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample