An Increasing Number Of Professionals Leave Their Poorer Countries To Work In Developed Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
An increasing number of professionals, such as doctors and teachers, are leaving their own poorer countries to work in developed countries. What problems do this cause? What solutions can you suggest to deal with this situation?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.Watch this video to learn how to write a double question essay.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, more and more professionals from underdeveloped or developing countries are choosing to live and work in richer countries. This migration will lead to problems such as skills shortage and economic stagnation in their native country. Increasing the salary scale and offering better living standards to skilled professionals are the only ways to retain talent.
One of the major problems caused by such brain-drain is shortage of skilled professionals which makes it difficult for poor countries to achieve economic development and improve the living standards of their poor people. Due to lack of skilled professionals such as doctors and teachers, the citizens of these countries struggle to get basic facilities such as medical and education. For instance, a recent survey conducted by WHO (World Health Organization) revealed that the mortality rate is high in underdeveloped countries due to shortage of skilled doctors. In addition to this, because of such migration of professionals, poor countries depend on foreign technical aid which costs them billions of dollars and further aggravates their economic instability issues. To illustrate, in 2011 the economy of Venezuela almost collapsed due to their huge spending to get foreign technical aid. In other words, migration of skilled professionals from underdeveloped or developing country creates problems such as skills shortage and economic instability in their countries.
However, there are various solutions to these problems such as offering better pay scale and better living conditions. One of the reasons professionals leave their county is to get better salaries and benefits. So the government can offer better salaries along with incentives to skilled professionals to entice them to live and work in their country. Another possible solution is to improve the standard of living, as every professional looks for better standard of living. The government of these countries can spend their budget to improve the standard of living of its citizens by borrowing funds from external banks. For example, underdeveloped countries like Bangladesh took long term loan from World Bank in 2010 to improve their education and medical facility. In short, better pay scale and good standard of living are the best possible solutions to be undertaken by developing/underdeveloped countries to stop the migration of skilled people.
In conclusion, skilled professionals are leaving their underdeveloped native countries because they do not have adequate opportunities there. Unfortunately, this migration hurts the development of their motherland and to stop this, the governments should launch special schemes and employment opportunities for the educated and aspiring youth.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Talented Professionals Are Migrating To Developed Nations
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | When Professionals Migrate To Foreign Countries What Problems They Create In Their Own Country?
- Rich Countries Should Not Give Jobs To Skilled Workers From Poor Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Developed countries should take more refugees from poorer countries | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Rich Countries Are Getting Richer And Poor Countries Are Getting Poorer
- When Doctors And Nurses Migrate What Problems Do They Cause | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays Families Move To Different Countries For Work. Some People Think It Has Negative Effects On Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In some countries teachers do not want to work in rural areas | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Rich Are Becoming Richer And Poor Are Becoming Poorer | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Countries An Increasing Number Of People Are Suffering From Health Problems As A Result Of Eating Too Much Fast Food | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample