Some People Think It Is A Bad Idea For Parents To Give Expensive Presents For Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think it is a bad idea for parents to give expensive presents for children. What is your opinion?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
These days, many parents do not hesitate to buy ridiculously pricey gifts for their children. In my opinion, this is a negative development.
When parents buy expensive products like garments, gadgets, toys or other items as gifts for their children, they are sending home a wrong message. Children who grow up receiving such gifts will neither value the presents nor the hard work that went into making the money spent on those items. Consequently, they will become overly demanding spoilt brats who cannot appreciate the value of money. Also, the financial situation of people can change anytime. If someday, parents are unable to buy pricey gifts, their children will feel betrayed. This could even hurt the relationship they share with their parents.
What’s more, children who always receive expensive prizes will not be able to appreciate anything cheap. They can only think in terms of the monetary value of something and may fail to value truly invaluable things in life. Some children who receive expensive items as gifts may have the habit of showing them off in front of their friends. This will, unfortunately, make their less privileged peers feel inferior. This can lead to resentment and may even cost a friendship.
Of course, there is no harm in buying a pricey item every now and then. This way, parents can show their children that money is not a consideration if they want to buy something special for their children. However, this should never be a habit as it will prevent the children from realizing the true value of money.
In conclusion, the practice of buying pricey gifts for children is detrimental and should be discouraged as it prevents children from realizing the value of money and hard work.
- Some People Believe It is Important To Give Gifts And Presents To Friends And Family To Show That We Care For Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Parents Today Do Not Spend Much Time With Their Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People View Giving Presents As An Important Way To Show Care | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about parents buying too many toys for their children
- Some People Believe That Children Should Do What Their Parents Tell Them To Do | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Parents Are The Best Teachers For Their Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Home Schooling Is Becoming Popular As More Parents Are Choosing To Educate Their Children In This Way | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Parents Buy Their Children A Large Number Of Toys To Play With | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Parents should teach children about money
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Children Do Not Respect Parents