Some People Enjoy Change And Look Forward To New Experiences | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people enjoy change and look forward to new experiences. Others like their lives to remain the same and do not like any changes. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Some people like change and want to explore new things; others, however, detest it. In my opinion, both approaches have their merits; however, learning to accept change is more beneficial for success.
People who dislike change are the ones who are afraid of the uncertain. They have lived all their lives in a certain way and have become quite comfortable with it. Consequently, they do not see any reason to change it or get out of their comfort zone. Hence, they hesitate to change jobs, learn a new skill or conquer their fears. For example, many people are unhappy in their jobs; yet, they want to stay in that job because they are afraid of quitting. They are anxious that if they quit their job, they will not be able to find a new job. This fear of the unknown prevents them from making any changes to their life. Likewise, many people are struggling in toxic relationships, but they lack the courage to get out of it and change the situation. There are also some people who thrive when they have a routine to follow.
By contrast, there are many people who believe that change is the only constant. They are always eager to explore new things and take on new challenges. This approach towards life is beneficial for people who have a natural ability to turn things to their advantage. For example, during times of layoff, rather than losing all hope, they will quickly learn new skills that will help them find a job in another industry. This thirst for new experiences usually helps them as long as they are willing to learn something new along the way.
In my opinion, if everyone had lived their whole life in their comfort zone humanity would not have achieved the progress we enjoy today. Hence, I favour change as long as it is not destructive.
To conclude, people who are afraid of challenges or surprises want to stick to a routine. While there is nothing wrong with this approach, in my opinion, it is not particularly conducive to personal or professional growth. If we look around we can see that those who have achieved stupendous success in life are the ones who were never afraid of change.
- Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding changes | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay: Is change a good thing?
- Many People These Days Change Career Throughout Their Working Life | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- These Days, People Work In More Than One Job, And Often Change Career Several Times | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | We need to live with the climate change instead of preventing it
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Success Is a Matter of Luck
- Some People Prefer To Spend Their Lives Doing The Same Things | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- These Days People Change Careers Several Times During Their Life | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Human History Has Been A Journey From Ignorance To Knowledge | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Young People Nowadays Are Imitating Celebrities In Sports And Movies | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample