IELTS essay about space exploration
Space exploration is much too expensive and money should be spent on more important things.
So what is your opinion?
Sample IELTS essay
Thanks to our curiosity and technological advancements, we have achieved tremendous progress in space research. Some people feel that since space exploration is too expensive, we should abandon it and instead spend that money on other things. I don’t quite agree with this view. I admit that space research is expensive but in my opinion, the benefits are worth the money.
To start with, there are several mysteries about space. If we can solve even some of them, that will be a tremendous achievement for us. It could even make our planet safer. We are already using satellites to forecast weather. Weather predictions have saved countless lives from natural disasters like storms and floods.
Our planet is just one of the millions of planets in space and it has already become a crowded place. If we can find other habitable planets, that will solve the burning issue of overpopulation on earth. Scientists are already exploring the possibility of sending people to Mars. If we can colonize Mars, it will be the biggest achievement in the history of human race.
Alien life is another thing that interests ordinary people and scientists alike. There are numerous films on this subject. While it is true that we still have no conclusive evidence of aliens, learning more about them will definitely help us to stay better prepared against possible attacks from them.
To conclude, our planet is nothing more than a speck in the vast universe. By learning more and more about space, we can better understand our position in the universe and also stay safe from potential threats. Therefore, I don’t agree with the argument that money should be spent on other areas because space research is too expensive.
- IELTS essay sample: Did moon landing benefit common people?
- IELTS essay sample | Government should only fund scientific research
- IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay sample: Some scientists believe that only certain species of wildlife should be protected
- IELTS sample essay: Are artists more popular than scientists?
- Band 9 essay sample | Watching TV or playing video games affect the intellectual development of children
- Accomplish | IELTS vocabulary
- Band 9 essay sample | Merits and demerits of researching one’s family history
- Band 8.5 report