Band 9 essay sample: Online learning is better than classroom learning. Do you agree?
Giving lectures in auditoriums to large numbers of students is an old way of teaching. With the technology available today there is no justification for it, and everything should be done online. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give your own opinion.
Technology has changed every aspect of our life including the way we learn and teach. Nowadays it is possible to earn degrees online. Online forums allow you to ask questions on any topic and receive answers within a matter of minutes. However, I still believe that online education cannot replace classroom based learning and teaching.
Online learning has its advantages. You can learn from the comforts of your home. The flexible learning hours are a boon for people who can’t afford to spend 6 or 7 hours in the classroom. Also, the internet has made it possible for learners to find teachers from any part of the world. So, for example, a student who wants to learn Spanish can find Spanish teachers online and learn from her home. She doesn’t have to go to Spain or find an institution that teaches Spanish in her country.
Online learning has its disadvantages too. Since there is no one to supervise your work or evaluate your progress you need a great amount of motivation and discipline to complete your course successfully. Distractions are a real problem for students doing online programs.
By contrast, classroom learning does not have many of these drawbacks. The best thing about classroom learning is that it creates an ambiance conducive to learning. In a class you are surrounded by other students who also want to score higher grades. This encourages you to work harder. In addition, subjects like medicine and engineering cannot be taught online because the emphasis is on practical not theory.
To conclude, online learning may have its benefits, but I still feel that classroom learning is superior to online learning. That said, the internet and information technology has endless possibilities. Both students and teachers will benefit a lot if they take advantage of the power of the internet in the classroom.
- Band 9 Essay Samples | Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- Band 6.5 essay samples: Online shopping has become more popular than in-store shopping
- Topic card: Talk about online shopping
- IELTS Essay: Technological innovations have affected our lives. Do you agree or disagree?
- Band 9 essay sample | Printed books and magazines have lost their importance
- Band 8 Essay: Public libraries are no longer required because of the internet
- IELTS writing task 2: Do you think that training is necessary to be a good teacher?
- Some People Think That Schools Are Merely Turning Children Into Good Citizens And Workers, Rather Than Benefitting Them As Individuals | Agree Or Disagree IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Schools don’t give enough importance to health education
- IELTS Essay: Some believe that students who fear their teachers excel academically…