Universities Are Producing More Graduates Than Is Needed| IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that universities are producing more graduates than is needed, and that less emphasis should be placed on university education. Others are of a different opinion. Discuss both views and include your own opinion.
Here is a model answer for this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
There is no denying the fact that the number of students who graduate from universities is on the rise. Some people argue that since there are not enough jobs for all graduates, people should stop giving too much importance to university education. I do not quite agree with this view because finding a white collar job should never be the only objective of going to university.
It is now widely believed that a university education is essential for success in the workplace. And that is true. Graduates are likely to command better pay packets than undergraduates. Graduates are also more likely to get a promotion. There is one problem, though. While the number of graduates is on the rise, there aren’t enough jobs for all of them. That means a large of number of fresh graduates are unemployed because they can’t find jobs that meet their level of academic qualification.
On the flip side, plenty of jobs are available in the labour sector. However, most graduates are reluctant to accept these jobs because they are looking for white collar jobs. When they can’t find those jobs they become discouraged. Does this mean that students should stop going to universities? The answer is an emphatic NO. Education is one of those skills that can never harm its possessor. One can never be over-educated. Besides imparting job-related skills, universities also make students better equipped to face the challenges of life. By not acquiring higher education a person will only impair his chances of success in life.
In conclusion, by not going to universities, we can’t solve any problem. What we need is a change in the mindset. We must realize that all forms of labour are dignified. We must stop thinking that because we are educated we should only work in office like environments.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- There Has Been A Dramatic Growth In The Number Of People Studying At Universities | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Charts Show What UK Graduates And Post Graduates Did After Leaving College.
- Band 9 IELTS essay about growing unemployment
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Universities Should Only Teach Science And Technology
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | There Has Been A Dramatic Growth In The Number Of People Studying At Universities
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People Should Have University Education
- Universities Should Support Students Who Come From Disadvantaged Backgrounds | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample about fresh graduates lacking interpersonal skills
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Completing university education is thought by some to be the best way to get a good job. On the other hand, other people think that getting experience and developing soft skills is more important.
- Universities Should Accept Equal Number Of Male And Female Students In Each Subject | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample