Richness Is An Important Factor In Helping People | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
The following essay question was asked on an IELTS test recently held in the UK. You can spend 40 minutes on this task. You have to write at least 250 words.
Richness is an important factor in helping people. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Rich people earn more than enough to lead a comfortable life so that they can spend their disposable income on anything they like. For instance, they can use their excess wealth for the well-being of other people. Take a look around and you will see that the biggest philanthropists are all rich people. Today multi-billionaires in the US and other countries do more philanthropy than the governments of the world. In other words, being rich helps in helping others. Hence, I agree with the given argument to a certain extent.
Poor people, on the other hand, have to struggle hard to meet their own needs. When they don’t have enough money to meet their own needs they cannot donate money to help others. On the flip side, charity or philanthropy isn’t all about donating money. It also involves donating time and effort. Both rich and poor people can make a difference to the society. You don’t necessarily have to donate money to help people. If you can spare at least an hour a day you can help people in very many ways. If you are educated and have a few hours to spare a week, you can spend that time in teaching underprivileged kids. Those few hours will make a huge difference to their lives. And for doing that all that you need is a strong desire to help other people.
What this means is that although money plays a significant role in helping people it is not the only thing that matters. Charitable institutions also require people who can donate their time and goodwill. In other words, not being rich is no reason to stay out of philanthropy.
Looking at both sides of the argument, it doesn’t take a lot of effort to see that richness is not the only factor that determines a person’s ability to help others. It is important, but even if you are not rich you can help people in several other ways.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Believe That Money Is The Most Important Factor For Achieving Happiness | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Sample Essay: Some people think that it is our moral duty to help the poor.
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | The Most Important Things In Life Are Free
- Many People Think It Is Important To Spend A Lot Of Money On A Large Wedding Reception | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Should Government Spend Money On Arts When They Have So Many Other Important Issues | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Salary Is The Most Important Consideration When Choosing A Job | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | The rich nations should help the poor nations
- Many People Think That Money Is Important For Achieving Happiness | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people think that the range of technology currently available is increasing the gap between rich people and poor people.
- Some People Consider Price As The Most Important Thing When Buying A Product Or Service | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample