Electricity Production And Consumption | IELTS Report Sample
The bar chart below shows the top ten countries for the production and consumption of electricity in 2014. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Here is a band 8 IELTS report in this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS reports, essays and letters corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS task 1 academic report
The bar diagram illustrates the amount of electricity generated and utilised by the top ten countries in 2014. The quantity of power generation and consumption differed across the countries. China and the United States were the biggest producers and consumers of electricity. While China produced 5,398 billion kWh, the US produced 4,099 billion kWh.
Russia was the third highest producer of electricity, generating 1,057 billion kWh. However, Japan, India, Canada, France, Brazil, (write: Brazil and) Germany produced electricity between 500-1,000 billion kWh. Republic of Korea produced the least amount of power (485 billion kWh)
Furthermore, the pattern of power consumption followed the same order as that of generation of electricity. China, the United States and Russia were the top three consumers of electricity, utilising 5,322 kWh, 3,866 kWh and 1,038 kWh respectively. They were followed by Japan and India, with power consumption of 856.7 kWh and698.8 kWh respectively. Canada, France, Brazil, Germany and Republic of Korea consumed less than 500 kWh of electricity, with Republic of Korea having the least consumption of 449.5 kWh. In all the countries, the production of power was greater than the consumption except in Germany, which generated 526.6 kWh and utilised 582.5 kWh.
In conclusion, the order of power generation and consumption was similar with surplus production of power in the majority of the countries.
Do you have a report on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Electricity Generation In Germany And France | Band 9 IELTS Academic Module Task 1 Report
- Task 1 Academic IELTS Report | Units Of Electricity Produced In Australia And France
- Oil Production Capacity Of Six Countries | Band 8 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- IELTS report about population in four countries
- Lifestyle of Silkworm And Production Of Silk | Band 8 IELTS Report Sample
- IELTS report about glass production and recycling
- IELTS Report About Australian Government’s Investments In Various Energy Sectors | Band 8 IELTS Report Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Report Sample | India China Population
- Consumption Of Various Food Groups By People Of Germany | Band 8 IELTS Report Sample
- Band 8 IELTS report sample | Access to refrigerator, electricity and water among people in Ghana