The following is a letter submitted by one of our students.
On a recent holiday you lost a valuable item. Fortunately you have travel insurance to cover the cost of anything lost.
Write a letter to the manager of your insurance company. In your letter:
– Describe the item you lost
– Explain how you lost it
– Tell the insurance company what you would like them to do.
Band 8 letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing this letter to claim travel insurance against insurance ID # B2675 4328.
I just returned from a two week holiday in England. On the way back from my vacation, I lost my Bluetooth speaker at the Heathrow Airport, in London. It was a portable, black coloured, JBL speaker about the size of a 500ml bottle. As part of the usual security process at the airport, I had placed all my electronic items such as my laptop, charger, battery pack and the speaker in a separate tray. Unfortunately, the security staff took me to the adjacent belt because they wanted to check some items in my bag. By the time I got back to the main belt to collect my belongings, the Bluetooth speaker was missing from the tray. I tried to check with the security staff but to no avail.
Since I have purchased a full cover travel insurance from your company, I would like to make a claim against my loss. The cost of the Bluetooth speaker was Rs.10,000. I purchased it just two days before my travel.
Let me know if you require any further details to process the claim.
- Band 8 sample letter: Make an insurance claim
- Band 8 letter sample: Complaint letter
- Band 8.5 letter sample | A complaint letter
- IELTS letter sample: A thank you letter
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to an online store
- IELTS sample letter
- Band 9 letter sample | A letter to the editor about the local airport
- IELTS sample letter: informal letter between friends
- IELTS sample letters: complaint letter (from business to business)
- Band 7 essay sample | Should employees be part of decision making?