This band 8.5 IELTS letter was submitted by one of our students.
You would like to participate in a work-related seminar in another country. Write a letter to the person in charge of the seminar and ask for detailed information regarding the dates, program, accommodation and cost.
Please note that all band score predictions are approximate.
Band 8.5 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam:
I am writing to you regarding your upcoming conference in Germany on the impact of technology on the pharmaceutical industry. My name is Emad Mohammed and I am working as a pharmacist for a pharmaceutical company in Saudi Arabia.
I am interested in attending the conference and I would like to receive detailed information about the following. First, I need to know the exact start and end dates because I have to find someone to fill in for me at the workplace. Second, I will very much appreciate it if you provide me more information about the activities involved and the daily schedule.
Furthermore, I would like to know about the type of accommodation provided whether it is a hotel or a guest house and whether it is free or paid. Also, if you are providing hotel accommodation, is it necessary for me to book in advance? And finally, what will be the total cost of attending the conference?
I look forward to hearing from you so I can start making arrangements for the trip.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
IELTS writing correction service
Get your writing samples corrected by us. You can find more information about our writing correction service here.
- Band 7.5 letter sample: Permission to give a presentation
- Band 8 letter sample: A semi-formal letter
- IELTS letter sample about belongings left in a hotel room
- Band 8 Letter Sample To a Hotel Manager About Lost Documents
- Band 7 letter sample | Letter to friend
- IELTS letter sample
- Band 8.5 letter sample | Letter to a foreign host
- IELTS letter sample | Write a letter to a friend expressing your gratitude for helping you find accommodation
- Band 7.5 letter sample
- IELTS test in Bangladesh – February 2012 (academic module)