People think a law should exist so that young people under 18 cannot be out after the midnight. Discuss both the views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some people have a perspective that imposing a regulation would compel young people under 18 to stay indoors after late night hours. I firmly agree with this view and believe that enforcing such a law would promote safety and security measures among youngsters. Let us critically analyse the propositions in this essay by illustrating specific examples.
To embark on, it is irrefutable that youngsters need freedom to enjoy their teenage. For example, in recent years many young people indulge in night-outs or late-night parties to have fun and to explore the outside world. Moreover, participating in birthday parties and get-togethers cater to their need to socialise with their friends. Despite these benefits, being out alone at night can put the safety of teenagers at risk.
Of late, there has been a colossal surge in the number of crimes and thefts committed at night and there is no safety for an individual while roaming around. For instance, there has been a 25% increase in rape attempts at night over the last five years. In addition, there is a possibility of rash driving and accidents, since there would be fewer patrols to supervise. Furthermore, the health condition of younger generation is adversely affected as the result of inadequate or disturbed sleep and they are prone to lifestyle and chronic diseases.
To conclude, I will concede that imposing stern rules would impede young minds from wandering around the streets after the midnight and reduces their probability of encountering risk factors.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Nowadays many young people are attracted to dangerous sports | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Some Young People Are Leaving The Countryside | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | You Have A Problem With Your Neighbour
- Young People Today Spend More Time Than Ever Before Playing Video Games | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Young People Should Spend More Of Their Free Time At Home With Their Families | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Young People’s Ideas And Attitudes Are Different From Those Of Their Parents | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 Essay Sample | There Are More Young People Than Old People In Many Countries
- In many countries, very few young people read newspapers or follow the news on TV | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Young People Should Choose Their Professions Themselves | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Internet Has Created Problems That Did Not Exist Before | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample