People Think A Law Should Exist So That Young People Under 18 Cannot Be Out After Midnight | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
People think a law should exist so that young people under 18 cannot be out after the midnight. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
According to some people authorities should enact a law that prohibits young people from being out after midnight. Of course, this measure will make them safer at night but in my opinion, it can also put them in a lot of difficulty and hence it is not advisable.
Teenagers are not mature enough to understand the dangers surrounding them. If they go out alone at night, they may fall prey to robbers, drug peddlers or paedophiles. Since young people cannot comprehend the consequences of their action, it is easy for them to fall into temptation and make the wrong decisions when they are surrounded by antisocial elements. In addition, hanging out with friends after midnight is harmful for teenagers’ health as their fast growing body needs a lot of sleep and rest. If they are made to stay home at night, the government will be able to save them from a lot of problems.
On the other hand, this measure will also put them in a lot of practical difficulty. Every now and then, just like anybody else, teenagers also have a legitimate need to be out at night. For example, a medical emergency can arise any time and a teenager who is alone at night may have to go out to buy first aid. Or they may be returning home from a friend’s place after a party. Or they may have missed a bus or train and could not reach home before midnight. In all of these cases, the law enforcement authorities should permit the teenager to be out at night.
In conclusion, while it is true that keeping adolescents at home after midnight is certainly beneficial for ensuring their safety sometimes this restriction can put them in a lot of difficulty. Hence, I believe that it should not be implemented. Instead, the government should increase police patrolling of the streets and encourage parents or guardians to accompany teens whenever they have to go out at night.
Follow us on Youtube for IELTS writing tips.
- People Think A Law Should Exist So That Young People Under 18 Cannot Be Out After Midnight | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Young People Are Much More Influenced By Their Friends Than Their Parents Or Teachers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Areas Of The US, Teenagers Are Not Allowed To Be Out Of Door After A Particular Time Of Night | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Areas Of The US Teenagers Are Not Allowed To Be Out Of Doors After a Particular Time At Night | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That In The Era Of e-Technology Printed Newspaper And Magazines Will Cease To Exist | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Young people are getting more infleuenced by their friends
- Many Parents Encourage Young People To Leave Home When They Become Older | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Better For Young People To Get Advice From Old People Than Young Ones | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Young People These Days Tend To Be Less Polite And Respectful | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Schools Do Not Do Enough To Teach Young People About Health | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample