Your Colleague Found Another Job And Invited You To His/Her Farewell Party | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
Your colleague found another job and invited you to his/her farewell party. Unfortunately you are unable to attend it. Write a letter to him/her and say
- Why can’t you attend the party?
- Why did you enjoy working with him/her?
- Offer him/her to meet some other time.
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Thank you for extending your farewell lunch invitation to me. Sadly, I have a training session to undergo that day so I would not be able to attend it.
It was only yesterday that I received an email from our manager to attend this training on Big Data. As the project I am currently working on is moving to this new and powerful technology, it is compulsory for me to attend it.
I have really enjoyed working with you, and I am surely going to miss you. You are not only an amazing team player but also an expert in your field. I learned a lot of new technical stuff from you when we worked on the same project last year.
Nevertheless, we can meet over a cup of coffee in the evening. My training will get over by 5 pm and after that, I need half an hour to check my emails. Therefore, I am available from 5.30 pm onwards until 7pm. Please let me know if you can make it at this time.
Wishing you all the best for your future endeavors. Stay in touch!
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- You Have Just Moved Into A New Home And Are Planning To Hold A Party | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Have Just Moved Into A New Home And Are Planning To Hold A Party | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | An Apology Letter To A Friend For Not Being Able To Attend His/Her Birthday Pary
- You Are Shifting Out Of Your Accommodation. You Think Your Current Place Of Residence Is Suitable For Your English Speaking Colleague | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To Your Supervisor Requesting Leave Of Absence
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Friend Who Has Invited You To Visit Their Country
- Band 8 letter sample | An apology letter to a neighbour
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter to an Overseas Friend
- You Recently Organised An All Day Meeting For Your Party In A Local Hotel | Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter | Letter To Your Manager Expressing Your Interest In Doing A Training Course