Young Employees Have More Skills And Knowledge Than Old Employees | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Younger employees have more skills, knowledge and more motivated than older employees. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Support your argument with your own experience.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing module? Get your IELTS essays, letter and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
There are some people who opine that young employees possess more skills, knowledge and higher levels of motivation than senior employees working in the same organization. While I do admit that they have more technical skills, in my opinion, their level of knowledge and motivation are more or less on a par with those of senior employers.
The main advantage that young employees have over senior employees is that they are more tech-savvy. Youngsters grew up in the age of technology. They are adept at using all modern gadgets and technologies. Organizations especially those working at the cutting edge of technology require this expertise of young people and hence they give preference to them while recruiting people. For example, in the information technology (IT) sector technology becomes outdated pretty fast. They need engineers who are well-versed in the latest programming languages and hardware technologies. Needless to say most people employed in this sector are youngsters.
Even so, it is not possible to say that youngsters possess more knowledge or motivation than seniors. Knowledge does not necessarily mean only technological knowledge. While youngsters certainly have an advantage over seniors in matters of technology, it is not possible to say that their knowledge of other aspects of work or life is more. Likewise, the argument that they possess higher level of self-motivation also sounds frivolous to me. Young people are less serious than seniors about their career. Actually, people in their 20’s are more concerned about enjoying their life than making significant contributions to their organization.
In conclusion, young people certainly possess more technical skills than older people. However, I do not agree with the argument that they possess more knowledge or self-motivation.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay: Are younger employees more valuable than older employees?
- IELTS essay sample | Young managers are better than older managers. Do you agree?
- Companies should encourage employees who work in a high position to leave at the age of 55 | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | It Is Not Wise For A Company To Replace Its Old Employees With Young Employees
- Employees in senior management positions should receive higher salaries | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Young employees are more valuable than old employees | Band 7 essay samples
- IELTS essay: Should new employees be promoted to higher positions?
- Some People Believe That Young People Bring More Profits To A Company | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Are social skills becoming more important than academic skills?
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Only staff who worked in a company for a long time should be given promotion