You Work For An International Company And Would Like To Work In Its Head Office | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
You work for an international company, and would like to spend six months working in its head office in another country. Write a letter to your manager. In your letter:
- Explain why you want to work in the company’s head office for six months
- Say how your work could be done while you are away
- Ask for his/her help in arranging it
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing module? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Mr. Lennon,
I am writing to request a transfer to the head office in Canada for six months. I am aware that David from the Marketing team has already moved to Canada to lend his expertise to the Huggies advertisement portfolio.
Let me explain my situation in more detail. Since we have limited exposure to the brand portfolios we handle, I would like to move to the Canadian office for a short period of 6 months to expand my knowledge on how global brands work. This will enhance my skills and as a senior in the team, I believe it is my responsibility to continuously train our team members and ensure that their learning is not restricted.
While I am away, I have requested Jade to take over my work and make sure that the team is working to the best of their capabilities.
I would request you to speak to Scott to arrange my transfer and advise the managers in Canada as well.
Looking forward to your response
Band 7 IELTS letter sample
I am writing this letter to express my desire to work in the London branch of our office for the upcoming six months.
As you know our latest silicon chip, which I will be working on during the next six months, is designed in the London branch. To put the work of testing and validation of this chip on the fast track, it is extremely important for me to work with the team that designed it. That is why I am requesting you to send me to our London headquarters from June 2020 to December 2020.
I completed most of my work here and also signed-off the previous project. Currently, I am going through the planning phase of the new project which can be done remotely from the computer; hence, I can do my work with the help of computer even from London. Therefore, there would be no loss of productivity for the company.
Apart from this, I need to book the flight tickets and arrange necessary documents for the work VISA. As I am going for the company work, could you please help me with these? Moreover, I need my company laptop for doing the remaining work, kindly approve my request to take the laptop with me.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- You Work For An International Company And Would Like To Work In Its Head Office In Another Company | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Would Like To Work In The Head Office Of Your Company In Another Country | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- A Friend Has Offered You Some Work In His Company | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 Letter Sample | An Equipment You Use For Work Has Developed A Problem
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To The Manager
- You Work From Home And Has A Problem With A Piece Of Equipment | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter About An Item Forgotten In The Office
- Band 7 Letter Sample | A Letter Asking for Support
- As Part Of Your Study You Have Worked For A Short Period Of Time In A Company | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Write A Letter To The Manager To Apologise For Being Late For Work | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample