You Want To Improve Your Knowledge Of A Foreign Language | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
You want to improve your knowledge of a foreign language which can help you at work. Write a letter to a foreign language teacher and say:
1. Where did you hear about the teacher?
2. Why do you want to learn the foreign language?
3. Ask some questions about the course?
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
I am writing to enquire about the short term French language course. My friend Linda had learned French from your academy and she insisted that I should contact you.
I want to learn the advanced French as it is required for my job/work. I am a project manager so I have to interact with numerous clients. A huge number of my clients are French. Although I can converse with them in English, I suppose I can communicate more efficiently with them if I speak their native language. Moreover, proficiency in French will be an additional skill that I can mention in my resume.
Before I join the class, I would like to have answers for a few queries. How much time do you think I will need to be a fluent French speaker and how much will you charge for the lessons? Also, will I be taught to read and write French in addition to speaking it?
Thank you for your time.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- You Want To Learn A Foreign Language | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Your Mentor Recommended You To Learn A New Language | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- The Only Reason For Learning A Foreign Language Is To Travel To Or Work In A Foreign Country | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Speaking part 2: Talk about a situation where you had to communicate in a foreign language for the first time
- IELTS essay about the reasons for learning a foreign language
- Band 9 essay sample: Is learning another foreign language before English a waste of time?
- The Only Reason For Learning A Foreign Language Is To Travel Or Work In A Foreign Country | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay sample about the reasons for learning a foreign language
- Having To Speak A Foreign Language Can Cause Serious Problems | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Only Reason For Learning A Foreign Language Is Work Or Travel | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample