You Recently Visited A Foreign Country And Got Some Information At The Tourist Information Centre | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
You recently visited a foreign country and got some information at the Tourist Information Centre. The information given to you was wrong. Write a letter to the centre manager and explain
- What was the information required?
- How was the wrong information provided?
- What problems did you have because of this
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
My name is Melvil James and I would like to draw your attention to the false information given to me from your office regarding the nearby tourist spots. I visited London last month and as per my friend’s suggestion, I visited your office. I enquired about the must-see places and suggestion for cheap accommodation and a flexible cab service.
Firstly, I was told that the London museum is open on weekends from 9 am to 6 pm. However, after going there, I realized that the museum closes at 3 pm on weekends. Secondly, the city library suggested by your guide is currently closed to the public because of renovation activities. The phone number of the cab driver provided to me was also incorrect. In addition to that, the hotel recommended by you was too costly.
I faced numerous problems because of the misleading data. The museum was closed by the time I reached there and I got so much disheartened. Next day morning, I went to the library and realized that it was closed for repairs. I ended up spending most of my time staying idle in the hotel room. The accommodation was ridiculously expensive and I paid a whopping bill of $2000, which really exceeded my budget.
I expect you to take strict measures against the people who provided me such misinformation and caused so much inconvenience.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Do you want to improve your English grammar? Get my book to avoid making the grammar mistakes that IELTS test takers usually make.
- You Recently Visited A Foreign Country And Got Some Information At The Tourist Information Centre
- You Recently Visited A Museum. Write A Letter To Your Friend | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 letter sample | Asking for information about part-time jobs in a foreign country
- You Recently Had A Meal In A Restaurant And Left Your Mobile Phone There | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS model letter
- You Would Like To Visit An Old Friend Who Lives In Another Country | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Survey Of People Who Visited Four Types Of Tourist Attractions In Britain | Band 8 IELTS Report Sample
- You Have Heard That A Developer Wants To Build A Shopping Centre Near Your Home |Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Write A Complaint Letter About A Taxi Service You Used Recently | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Are Studying In Another Country And There Is A Problem With The Accommodation | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample