You Recently Ordered A Book Online But It Was Delayed | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
You have recently ordered a book online, but the book was delayed and has not arrived yet. Write a letter to the company manager and say
– Give the details of your order.
– Explain why you need the book urgently.
– Suggest a solution for the situation.
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with the delay in delivering the book that I ordered from your store. I have ordered the book ‘Harry Potter and the book of Secrets’ from Amazon website with order id ODI675687A and the delivery was expected last week.
I ordered this book so that I can present it to my nephew on his birthday which falls on July 11. He is a die-hard fan of Harry Potter and hence I thought that this would be the best gift I could give him on his birthday. The expected delivery was within a week and hence I ordered it 2 weeks in advance because I didn’t want to take any risk. However, I have not received the book yet.
I would be grateful if you could look into this issue on a priority basis and ask your team to deliver the book within the next two days or allow me to come to your head office and collect the book myself. Please let me know which ever works for you.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Sara Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS letter: Complaint letter sample
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to an online store
- Write A Letter To A Colleague Who Lent You A Book | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Talk about a book you recently read | IELTS speaking practice
- Band 8 Essay Sample | An Apology Letter To A Friend For Not Being Able To Attend His/Her Birthday Pary
- Write A Complaint Letter About A Taxi Service You Used Recently | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You recently attended a meeting at a hotel | Band 8 IELTS essay letter
- You Recently Received A Letter From A Friend Asking For Advice About Whether To Go To College Or Try To Get A Job | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Though, although and as
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | Letter To A Newspaper Editor About A Restaurant You Visited